It is clear that OnePlus is threatening Samsung this year. And the cheap upcoming iPhone might not look like what we expected. And of course we’ll talk about the Fold second generation. It is hasn’t been released yet, but we’ll talk about it. [Intro] Peace be upon you all. This is your host, Faisal Alsaif with a new Science and Technology episode. Let’s start it with the Samsung leaks regarding the second generation Fold. This device will come with an S Pen and screen enhancement, which will be 7.7″ The device will come with enhanced rear and front cameras. These photos are from renders, but it is too early to talk about it. Samsung will introduce the Flip with the S series which is launched at the beginning of the year. The Fold is expected to be released with the Note series. It is logical that the Fold with an S Pen will be released with the Note series in August. We might see the Fold 2 at the end of the year with the Note event and it will come with better cameras, screens and specs. Speaking of the Samsung, I have their latest S20 Ultra device. We’ve started testing it. We’ll let you know what’s next on our social media accounts. Keep subscribed and enable the notification bell. We’ll compare the Ultra with the 11 Pro Max. We’ll also compare the Ultra with a competitor from Huawei. From the leaks we’ve seen from OnePlus, the competition will start between both companies. The leaks suggest that there will be 3 different devices from the 8 series from OnePlus. OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Lite and OnePlus 8 Plus. These devices will come with great specs. The OnePlus 8 Lite size is between the size of S20 and S20 Plus. The price will be almost half the price of the S20. The CPU will be the same as the S20. The cameras will be 48MP, 18MP and another 16MP selfie camera. The device is expected to be great for photography. Let’s not forget the OS of OnePlus devices is nearly stock than the One UI on Samsung devices. It is possible that OnePlus will compete with other companies? And if OnePlus does it, what will Oppo and Xiaomi do? These devices come with high specs and competitive prices. This is what we need. It is clear that this year will be great for smartphones. By the way, there are many of you who have devices with 2 SIM cards. Lots of us use these 2 SIM cards in a smart way. You can use a SIM card for phone calls and messages and the second SIM card for is for data. With this method, you can control your data consumption. Especially if you have a great data package. For example, Quick Net 4G package offers you 100GB of data per month, and it also comes with another 19GB free data. The sum is 119GB per month. Do you think it is enough for a smartphone? If you use the other SIM card for Quick Net package, you can surf the web, watch videos and use social media and also save money. Let’s be honest, lots of us use phone calls and messages with the data SIM card. The main number is used for regular phone calls and messages. What do you think? Do you follow this method? Participate in the poll. Links to the STC services in the VD. The iPhone 9 has been leaked on TikTok. The leaks shows that the iPhone 9 could get a strange design. The body is similar to iPhone 5 while the front and back are similar to iPhone 8. It won’t come with rounded edges, rather it will come with chamfered edges. EverythingApplePro confirmed that the design is one his designs. This leak is not true and it is different than what we’ve seen lately. The iPhone 9 is expected to be released at the end of Mars will be similar to iPhone 8 but with better hardware and capabilities. The price will be between 500 to 600 USD, which will be great for Apple to compete in the mid-range category. Flagship iPhones cost more than 4000 SAR. Nearly 1500 USD. This leak is not true. We’re also expecting other releases in the Mars event. The second product will be an iPad with triple rear cameras and Face ID. I think this iPad will come with great capabilities. Ahmed is very excited for this iPad. No, I am not excited. What should I do with it? – Don’t you use the three cameras?
– Yes, I do, but what should I do with triple iPad cameras? Some people use it in their travel and take pictures using it. It is not about the screen size. If Apple focus on the selfie cameras, it would be great for video conferences, but the rear won’t be of any use. But there are people who might benefit from it, like designers and architectures for renders. This could be the case. Also, doctors and engineers use it for AR, but for regular users, it is not of great value. Let’s wait for Mars, where the new iPad and iMac will be released. The new iMac is made from a single piece of glass, and it will come with a 21.5″ and 27″ beautiful screen. According to leaks, these screens will come with lots of technologies The Mac Pro looks like a cheese grater, but I love it. It is very luxurious. – We’re joking.
– Indeed. It is Friday. I love Apple and their devices. The screen is curved and there is a box that contains the hardware behind it. If it is true, then I will buy lots of devices from Apple. The prices start from 1500 USD and it depends on the screen size and internal hardware. There’s a possibility that the price will exceed 10,000 USD if you fully spec these devices. The curved screen will bring a new design that is non-existent in the market. There are other devices that looks similar in design from other manufacturers. These devices are from the “All In One” category. I made videos about these AIO devices. You can find it in my channel. You’ll find lots of videos about AIO devices, similar to the iMac design. It feels like not much manufacturers make such designs anymore. Only Apple and Microsoft make. iMac is for professionals. The Surface is also for designers and professionals. PC market is shrinking. IDC and other researching companies show that laptop market is sharply shrinking. The most sold laptops are the ones that are under 2000 SAR. (between 400 to 500 USD) This category is the most sold devices in the world. Usually, people who buy these laptops don’t buy them for work. But laptops with higher prices are either for gamers or Mac devices. We miss business laptops that come with great hardware like Carbon and X-Carbon. Lenovo still make them but they are not very popular. – Most people use convertible devices for work as they think they are better.
– That’s 100% true. Apple might also released NFC Tags. If so, then it will work better with the U1 chip. Apple announced this chip in their latest event. You can use these tags to know the locations of your stuff. You can search for your stuff using bluetooth and NFC but in a limited distance. These NFC tags work in 50 to 100m. But once we’re out of the range, we can’t locate them. Apple seems to have solved the problem with the U1 chip. If this chip is popularly used, then it will allow people to detect and locate their stuff out of the range of NFC. The U1 chip will work with the U1 chips on these NFC tags even if the tag chip isn’t owned by you. It will enable U1 chips to find other U1 chips around it. It feels like all devices equipped with U1 can communicate with each other. U1 chips can communicate with other U1 chips wherever they are. It can communicate with them either if they are in iPhones, iPads, laptops. It will look like a huge network of U1 chips connected to each other. With this way, you can find all lost devices. If Apple does it, it will be a great feature. Let’s discuss the latest news from Apple about an ex employee who was in charge of an Apple Store until 2014. This employee was fired because he wanted to publish a book. The publisher will publish the book on the App Store. The book will be available in countries like Switzerland and Germany and others. Apple contacted the publisher and the owner of the book asking them to respect themselves. The book contains lots of marketing plans conducted by Apple. This is very exciting. I want to read the book and make a video about it to show you how Apple market their products. – The problem is that the book is in German.
– It can be translated. I don’t know German language. Let’s discuss the last news. When asked if we should make a campaign about online phishing, 93% agreed. We’ll gladly make it. We’ll make content and publish it on all platforms. The last two news are about Twitter. Twitter will make it easier to connect older tweets with newer tweets. At first, you had to find older tweets, then make a thread about it. But now you can write a thread and connect it with the mother tweet. It feels as if you’re asking Twitter to connect newer tweets with older ones. The app will automatically show you the latest tweets, where you can find the one you want to make thread about easily. The problem is if you want to make a thread about a tweet you wrote 2 or 3 years ago. The other news is that Twitter acquired a company specialized in Stories. Stories could be available on Twitter after the acquisition. Chromalaps has been acquired by Twitter. They’ve worked with Facebook and other companies on their apps. Twitter could support Stories now. We have Youtube Stories, Instagram Story, WhatsApp Story, Facebook Story, Snapchat Story. What else? – Basically, TikTok is similar to Stories.
– TikTok is not Story. Follow me on TikTok. I publish different content there. I exceeded half a million followers. Congratulate me. It is a huge achievement. – I am already tired of Twitter Story.
– It is tiring. If you want to document something happening in front of you, you’ll be confused what platform you should use. Story makers are in war with each others. People don’t publish WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook stories on Snapchat. If you use Snapchat stories on Instagram, then Instagram won’t like it. But if you use Instagram content on Snapchat, then Snapchat will like it as they encourage others to use their platform. Companies now use AI to determine whether you’re using content from other platforms to publish it on their platform. Instagram know Snapchat filters and refuse to publish it. Even Snapchat links are refused on Instagram. We have to shorten to the link for it work. It happened with us this morning with the social team. This is the end fo this episode. Glory and praise be to Allah. I witness there is no God but Allah. I ask Allah for forgiveness and I repent to Him. Don’t forget to watch the Z Flip review. This device costs 5000 SAR. You can buy 3 A71 devices and still left with money for a luxury lunch. Watch these two reviews. See you next episode.